Restricted & Prohibited Businesses
Use of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) services for any dealings, engagement, or sale of goods/services linked directly or indirectly with jurisdictions Qocial Private Limited has deemed high risk, such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk Regions, or persons Qocial Private Limited has deemed high risk, such as those individuals or entities named to a restricted person or party list of the U.S., United Kingdom, European Union or United Nations, including the sanctions lists maintained by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control or the Denied Persons List or Entity List maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce, is prohibited. Additionally, it is prohibited to use all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) products and services to directly or indirectly export, reexport, sell, or supply accounting, trust and corporate formation, or management consulting services to any person located in the Russian Federation.
You must not use Qocial Private Limited services for the following activities.
Illegal products and services
- Illegal drugs, substances designed to mimic illegal drugs, and equipment designed for making or using drugs
- Fake references or ID-providing services
- Telecommunications manipulation equipment, including jamming devices
- Any business or organization that a. engages in encourages, promotes or celebrates unlawful violence or physical harm to persons or property, or b. engages in, encourages, promotes or celebrates unlawful violence toward any group based on race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other immutable characteristic
- Any other products or services that violate the law in the jurisdictions where your business is located or targeted to
Products and services that infringe on intellectual property rights
- Sales or distribution of music, movies, software, or any other licensed materials without appropriate authorization
- Counterfeit goods; illegally imported or exported products
- Unauthorized sale of a brand name or designer products or services
- Any other products or services that directly infringe or facilitate infringement upon the trademark, patent, copyright, trade secrets, proprietary or privacy rights of any third party
Products and services that are unfair, predatory, or deceptive
- Pyramid schemes
- ‘Get rich quick schemes including investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards to mislead consumers; schemes that claim to offer high rewards for minimal effort or upfront work; sites that promise fast and easy money; businesses that make outrageous claims, use deceptive testimonials, use high-pressure upselling, and/or use fake testimonials; (with or without a written contract) offering unrealistic incentives/rewards as an inducement to purchase products or services but do not respond to any queries after the purchase.
- No value-added services, including the sale or resale of a service without added benefit to the buyer and the resale of government offerings without authorization or added value.
- Sales of online traffic or engagement
- Negative response marketing and telemarketing
- Predatory mortgage consulting, lending, credit repair and counselling services
- Predatory investment opportunities with no or low money down
- Remote technical support; mugshot publication or pay-to-remove sites; essay mills; chain letters; door-to-door sales
- Any other businesses that all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) consider unfair, deceptive, or predatory towards consumers
Adult content and services
- Pornography and other mature audience content (including literature, imagery and other media) depicting nudity or explicit sexual acts
- Adult services, including prostitution, escorts, pay-per-view, sexual massages, and adult live chat features.
- Adult video stores
- Gentleman's clubs, topless bars, and strip clubs
Certain legal services
- Law firms collecting funds for purposes other than legal service fee payment
- Bankruptcy attorneys
- Bail bonds
Firearms, explosives and dangerous materials
- Guns, gunpowders, ammunition, weapons, fireworks and other explosives
- Peptides, research chemicals, and other toxic, flammable and radioactive materials
- Games of chance, including gambling, internet gambling, sweepstakes and contests, and fantasy sports leagues with a monetary or material prize
- Sports forecasting or odds-making with a monetary or material prize
- Bidding fee auctions
- Cannabis products
- Cannabis dispensaries and related businesses
- Products containing any amount of CBD/THC
Misuse of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) products
- Use of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) products with false, manipulated, inaccurate, or misleading information regarding your identity, business entity, the nature of business, and any other information requested by all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) (you must inform us immediately of any changes to your personal and business information)
- Use of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) products to facilitate transactions on behalf of another undisclosed merchant or for products/services that were not disclosed in the merchant's Qocial account application
- Use of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) principally as a virtual terminal (e.g., submitting card transactions by manually inputting card information)
- Processing where there is no bona fide good or service sold or donation accepted; card testing
- Evasion of card network chargeback monitoring programs
- Cross-border acquiring where the business address of the merchant is outside of the jurisdiction of the acquiring all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) entity unless permitted under the card network rules
- Sharing cardholder information with another merchant for payment cross-sell products or services
- Use of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) intellectual property without prior written consent from Qocial Private Limited; use of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) name or logo including use of Qocial Private Limited trade or service marks inconsistent with the Qocial Private Limited Marks Usage Agreement, or in a manner that otherwise harms all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) or the all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) brand; any action that implies an untrue endorsement by or affiliation with all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com)
The types of businesses listed are representative but not exhaustive.
Additional Jurisdiction-Specific Prohibitions
Hong Kong: Marketing lead generation services, Unregistered charities
India: Alcohol, Charities, Dating and matchmaking services, Lobby groups, political organizations, Mining and oil drilling, Sex toys, Sexually oriented dating services,
Japan: Animals, C2C services outside of Qocial Private Limited Connect, Donations to individuals, Fundraising for or financing businesses that are listed as prohibited/restricted above, Health instruments, Industrial waste disposal and garbage disposal devices; water purifiers, International marriage brokerage businesses
Malaysia: Sex toys, Sexually oriented dating services, Mexico, Adoption agencies, Credit card and identity theft protection services, Cross-border currency exchange services, Debt collection agencies, Direct marketing- travel
Electronic cigarettes for card-not-present transactions, Ephedrine, Game console modification devices, HCG weight loss, Investment services, Penny auctions, Pharmaceuticals wholesale for card-not-present transactions
Search engine optimization, Telemedicine, Tobacco for card-not-present transactions
Singapore: Marketing lead generation services, Sale of ads for any products or services deemed illegal in Singapore; sales of products that facilitate payments to any of these products or services, Sex toys, Sexually oriented dating services
Thailand: Psychic services and fortune tellers, Unregistered charities, Vehicle sales, Vitamins, Historical artefacts, Dating services, Surrogacy services, Online alcohol sales, Timeshares, Private investigators, protection services and detective agencies.
United Arab Emirates: Historical artefacts, ivory products, prison-made products, Sex toys, Sexually oriented dating services
United States: Extended warranties and subscriptions over one year, Sex toys, Sexually oriented dating services, Unregistered charities
You must not use all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) services for the following activities unless you have received our prior written approval. Restricted Business categories may be imposed through card network rules, requirements of financial partners, or due to compliance and legal obligations. If your business falls into one of the restricted categories, don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help!
Other Restricted industries such as:
Financial products and services
- Investment and brokerage services
- Lending services
- Buy Now Pay Later services
- Debt collection agencies
- Insurance services, including medical benefit packages
- Money transmitters, currency exchange services and other money services businesses
- Neobanks / challenger banks
- Other financial institutions
- Government grants
- Embassy, foreign consulate, or other foreign governments
Pharmaceuticals, medical devices and telemedicine
- Online pharmacies
- Prescription-only products, including card-not-present pharmaceuticals
- Prescription-only and regulated medical devices
- Telemedicine and telehealth services
- Tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and e-liquid
- Credit card and identity theft protection services
- Other age-restricted goods or services
Businesses that may pose elevated financial risk such as:
- Travel reservation services and clubs
- Airlines and cruises
- Timeshare services
Non-fiat currency and stored value
- Virtual and cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and mining services (for crypto and NFT supportability and availability by region, please see this support doc)
- Prepaid phone cards, sim cards, and phone services
- Sale of stored value or credits maintained, accepted and issued by anyone other than the seller
- Sale of in-game currency or game items, unless the merchant is the operator of the virtual world
- Businesses where sellers get their revenue both from selling items and from signing up new sellers
- Network marketing and referral marketing programs
- Shipping and forwarding brokers
- Shipping brokers
- Forwarding brokers
- Drop shipping
- Charity sweepstakes and raffles for the explicit purpose of fundraising
The types of businesses listed are representative but not exhaustive.
Check out this blog to learn more about all the sites of Qocial Private Limited's (e.g. Qocial.com) approach to prohibited businesses and why some businesses aren't allowed to use all the sites of Qocial Private Limited's (e.g. Qocial.com) services.
Additional Product-Specific Prohibitions
Qocial Private Limited Issuing
You must not use all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) Issuing for the following activities.
Consumer use of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) Issuing is when an Issuing card is created to fully or partially enable payments for personal, family or household use, including but not limited to:
- Providing a payment method loaded with/that accesses consumer funds
- Cards that disburse payroll or payouts
- Any other use that directly or indirectly enables payments using the consumer’s funds
When you sign up for all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) Issuing, you share with all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) the location of your business, the physical address of your beneficial owners and the jurisdiction in which your business is registered. All the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) require that your business's physical location, its registration jurisdiction, and the physical address of at least one of your beneficial owners all match. Furthermore, you must use Issuing cards primarily in the same jurisdiction.
You may not use all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) Issuing as a method to extend credit to your customers using your own funds unless you have the appropriate licensing to do so and you have received express consent from all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) to use Issuing for that purpose.
Other abusive use
Any other abusive use of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) Issuing, including but not limited to:
- Using Issuing cards to abuse free trial products at scale
- Using Issuing cards to buy in-demand items or services with the sole intent of selling them for profit. (e.g. retail scalping)
- Using Issuing cards for any other illegitimate purposes
As a user of all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) Issuing, you are required to comply with our compliance guidelines and may be asked by our compliance teams to update your marketing materials or aspects of your user experience. This helps us ensure you and all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) continue to comply with the Federal and State laws and regulations governing these financial products' use. Failure to comply within the requested timeframes may result in the closure of your Qocial account.
Suppose there is inactivity on all cards associated with an account for a period of 12 consecutive months. In that case, all the sites of Qocial Private Limited (e.g. Qocial.com) will automatically close your Issuing account.